i'm guessing you need to modify the mime type in you httpd.conf
to set .jsp as text/html
just my guess...
that's what i'd do if my system exhibited that symptom

On 7/2/07, Richard Kaye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I saw your first post and was interested.  I am running a
very similar system with no problems (I take that back: there
are problems, but not this problem).
Q1. Is there something in your apache config file(s) to do
with mimetypes that is messing things up?
Q2. Are you working with strange charsets? Tomcat likes to
add the "charset=..." parameter to the Content-Type header.

> This doesn't seem to bother IE7...
I know this, from experience. (sigh.) IE7 always know better
than you do how you want a document displayed. If you choose
to serve an example HTML source in a tutorial on HTML as
text/plain so that the user can see the source, IE7 (and IE6)
ignores the mimetype in the HTTP header that you carefully put
there and displays something else just to spite you.

Richard