To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: mod_jk vs. reverse proxy

Marcus Schmidke wrote:

But I see that mod_jk is still being updated.

Yes as well as mod_proxy.

Which way is the better one?

It all depends on your topology and needs

Do you know of any other documents or information which can help me make
a decision which is the best way for me? Any idea?

Just my 2c
http://blogs.jboss.com/blog/mturk/

Note that those are my personal opinions, and may not reflect
the actual usage.
However during the past couple of months there is really
heavy effort for backporting some stuff to mod_proxy, so the
entire story might be very well revisited after 2.2.5 gets out
of the door.

Regards,
Mladen