Hi,

I'm still studying this problem. While checking the
HTML SPEC
(http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4),
 I find the following:

META and HTTP headers

The http-equiv attribute can be used in place of the
name attribute and has a special significance when
documents are retrieved via the Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP). HTTP servers may use the property
name specified by the http-equiv attribute to create
an [RFC822]-style header in the HTTP response. Please
see the HTTP specification ([RFC2616]) for details on
valid HTTP headers.

The following sample META declaration:
<META http-equiv="Expires" content="Tue, 20 Aug 1996
14:25:27 GMT">

will result in the HTTP header:
Expires: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 14:25:27 GMT

Therefore, I'm confused. What's the exact meaning of:
"HTTP servers may use the property name specified by
the http-equiv attribute to create an [RFC822]-style
header in the HTTP response."

Does this means that Tomcat is ignoring this "may"
part of the specification?

I actually tried to add that meta tags in my document
but still not getting that in the hppt header.

Thanks.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/03/03/filters.html