David Smith wrote:

<rant mode="venting">I have to tell you guy, true nightmares exist in answering questions from people who obviously haven't made any attempt at learning the technology before throwing stuff together and asking questions. Please do us a favor and get a recently written book on tomcat.</rant>

What book(s) would you recommend? A fast-paced book that is not just a gentle introduction, but covers a lot of details besides the general principles would probably be best suited for me.

I see there is an O'Reilly book (Tomcat. The Definitive Guide. By Jason Brittain and Ian F. Darwin); most of theirs fit the above description and are quite good, but there are exceptions. How about this one?

Regards, Juergen.