> From: Lyallex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> curl/7.12.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.
>
> I have been to http://curl.haxx.se/ and it seems to my (currently)
> inexperienced eye
> that this software _could_ be used to do all sorts of despicable
> things to a web site.

Or it could be used, as I do, to script operations on my own sites and
for large data uploads.

Basically, someone's got a copy of cURL and has performed at least one
operation on your site from (apparently) a RedHat box.  There are much
better cracking tools than cURL, and this is either legitimate or a very
inexperienced script kiddie - they haven't even changed the user agent
string.   Chase the person, not the technology - I'd be much more
interested in which resources they accessed and which IP they came from.

                - Peter