> From: Pid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Weird problem: Two apparent copies of app started
>
> DO NOT use the path or docBase attribute in a Context defined
> outside of server.xml.

One exception to that: if the webapp is placed outside of the <Host>
appBase directory, your <Context> entry must be placed in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appname].xml, and it must contain a docBase
attribute that points to the location of the webapp directory or .war
file.

> If you want to store the files outside of the tomcat directory, just
> alter the appBase attribute of the host.

The problem with that is you lose the built-in apps that come with
Tomcat, which may or may not be a concern.  I'd recommend leaving the
<Host> appBase setting alone, and use the method I described above for
any webapps to be located outside of the appBase directory.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.