> From: Ken Bowen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Weird problem: Two apparent copies of app started
>
> So what I'm confused about is this:  Exactly what should
> appear in Host and what in META-INF/context.xml    ??
> The "A Word on Contexts" in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html
> doesn't give any details.

Unfortunately, not all of the Tomcat doc has been updated to reflect the
current recommended usage of placing <Context> elements in your webapp's
META-INF/context.xml file.  As Pid pointed out, the most accurate
description is here:

Even that has some discrepancies (e.g., use of the path attribute in the
Access Logs and Request Filters examples).

To summarize the rules:

1) Never put <Context> entries in server.xml.

2) Never use a path attribute in a <Context> element.

3) Only use a docBase attribute when the <Context> element is in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appname].xml and the webapp is stored outside of
the <Host>'s appBase directory.

4) Use the name ROOT for the default webapp of each <Host>.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.