Thanks, guys; I like the redirect idea a lot better than a second install that I'm likely to forget to update at some point.

Pid wrote:
David kerber wrote:
I want my webapp to be the default application on my Tomcat 5.5 server,
so that it will go to the app's login page even if they don't enter the
app name as part of the url. For example, normally my app is accessed at:

http://myserver:8081/SiteData/Login.jsp

I want them to get Login.jsp even if all they enter is:

http://myserver:8081

Do I need to install the SiteData app as root to accomplish this, or can
it be done without this second installation?

Installing it as ROOT will do the trick, if you have no other default app.

Alternatively, put a single redirecting servlet/jsp/filter as the index
in the ROOT webapp and have it execute a normal redirectURL() to your
webapp.