Hassan Schroeder wrote:
On 10/1/07, David kerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hassan Schroeder wrote:

Can I set the root webapp to ALSO answer under the webapp's original
name, so people who use a bookmark to the full app path won't get "not
found" errors?  I though I had to have the .war in both places:  root
and its original place for that to work...

Ick. You're already in production with this? That's a bit differerent,
then. Still, if it were me, I'd go with moving the real webapp to ROOT
and set up  a redirect  on the non-default path.

We're not in full production, but have a dozen or so beta-test sites that we'd rather not jerk around since they have already tolerated some glitches during testing. The request to have it show up as the default app came up during the full production deployment discussions; I was surprised that we never thought of it before, and that nobody had mentioned it either, because it's pretty obvious in hindsight.