On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 11:02:59AM -0400, Jim Cox wrote:
> On 10/13/07, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > David,
> >
> > David Kerber wrote:
> > > Let me give a bit more detail:  I am working on a utility function in my
> > > webapp that will periodically copy the database file from the db server
> > > to a backup server on the LAN.
> >
> > Uh.... cron and cp, anyone? You can even use cron to initiate the
> > backup, too, instead of scripting it from your webapp.
>
> Or in this case scp (or rcp, or sftp, or ftp) ?

Definitely.  While you're at it, just pipe the backup stream through
instead of collecting a huge file on host A and then moving it to host
B.  I have some DBMS backups that run that way.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he