Thank you so much Gabe, that solved my problem.

Jenna
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabe Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: Can't Modify or Delete Files Running Tomcat on Vista

Jenna wrote:
Hi,
I'm pretty new to Tomcat and I just installed it on my Windows Vista machine using the Windows installer. I did the same thing on my XP machine previously and had no problems. I am able to start Tomcat and run my applications, however, I am not able to modify or delete any of the files in any of the Tomcat directories. I keep getting an error that says "You need permission to perform this action." I am setup as the administrator on my computer. I tried disabling user account control in Vista but that did not help. I also copied the file msvcr71.dll from my jre bin folder to Tomcat's bin folder as I heard that was necessary on Vista but it did not help me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Jenna

Sorry that is a Vista problem (err I mean security feature :)) and not a Tomcat problem.
Some solutions from the Web:
http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/02/09/how-to-quickie-vista-permissions/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=You+need+permission+to+perform+this+action+Vista&btnG=Google+Search

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
Application server installation and configuration AUTOMATION
http://www.ngasi.com