> From: Nabble-Member1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The web app is fast if I configured network bridge mode (both
> Web server and
> DB server have same subnet 192.168.1.x).  But it is very slow
> if the network
> is configured as router mode (Web server and DB server is in different
> subnets - 192.168.1.1 for web, 196.168.2.1 for DB, the 2
> boxes communicate
> via a router device).
>
> Is there settings in Tomcat to deal with this?

No, and that's not a Tomcat issue.  That sounds like a Windows issue, probably
to do with NetBIOS name resolution or authentication timing out.

What happens if you exclude Tomcat from the problem by writing a little Java
app that connects to the database using the same driver that you're using for
Tomcat?  Is it still slow?  If so, Tomcat isn't the problem.

What happens if you configure a WINS server on one of the machines (or another
box elsewhere on your network) and ensure both have it as their primary WINS
server?  Make sure both machines have actually registered with WINS, which can
sometimes take a reboot, before you test.  Or you could try using LMHOSTS to
fix the problem.

                - Peter