> From: Gary Evesson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Try using the IP address in the driver specification rather
> than the name of
> the machine. THat will tell you if it is a name resolution issue.

The connection is working but slow - I don't think the OP specified whether
they were using the name or the IP address in the driver spec.  Using the IP
address will handle *most* instances of slow connection; the one it won't is
where some form of SSPI authentication is happening and the two machines need
to chat to authenticate.  The OP hasn't stated enough about the environment to
rule this out, though I accept it's unlikely with MySQL.

                - Peter