My web app is very simple, two servlets already installed so no war file.
  Once it finally gets going it is very responsive, the initialization just
takes forever...

  I have some war files coming, but I figure if I cannt get this basic
initialization to work theres not much point.

  Is tomcat supposed to work in embedded environments like this, is it
something others are trying / have working , Is it part of the roadmap ?

Peter Crowther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > From: Gavan Hood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> My problem is the initialization.
> When I start tomcat it takes about two minutes to complete
> initialization and pegs my little processor at times, often
> it keeps it around 80% untilized...

Yeah, that's not good in an embedded device!

2 minutes with or without your application deployed? i.e. how much of that time
is Tomcat startup, and how much is Tomcat deploying your webapp / your webapp
startup?

How is your application packaged? Are you unpacking it from a WAR, or is it
already unpacked?

- Peter