How big is your Java heap? And how much of your 64MB is used by other
(non-Tomcat) processes? If Tomcat is causing a lot of virtual memory
swapping, it *may* help to decrease the size of the heap so it fits
into main memory. But that may make the heap too small, so garbage
collection becomes a problem or Tomcat runs out of memory entirely. It
depends on how much free memory you have and how much Tomcat + your
app needs.
--
Len