Klaus Reimer wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
why don't you just create a singleton object, and stuff it in
common/lib(5.5) or lib(6.0)
and any web app can access it

That's fine if it's just a "connector"-like object (as I've described in
my mail). But having the WHOLE stuff which is going to be in contextA in
a single JAR which must be manually copied to the lib dir is not a nice
solution because hot deployment with Eclispe doesn't work then (As far
as I know it can only hot deploy web archives into tomcat).

not sure why you would need to go down the route of putting everything into a single jar and copy it to lib. as you have it is just fine, except one would question why TestServiceImpl is not in the lib as well, do you need to hot deploy test service impl?

Filip