emerson cargnin wrote:
We use windows on the dev workstatios and unix (SunOS 5.10
Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200) on dev/qa/production
servers.
We use Java 5 and we are migrating to tomcat 5.5 or 6.

Ralph, why do you say it's dangerous? Even if it doesn't have java
code, it would have tagslibs. Actually  I don't really see any
advantage using Velocity than JSP here.

Since JSPs can contain any Java code, someone could put in code that does something completely unrelated to your application (send passwords or account information somewhere, etc). This is pretty hard to do without being detected when the JSPs are inside of a War file. When you put them outside of the war the controls are necessarily loosened because, presumably, you actually want people to be able to change these from time to time - so you may never know when one was changed inappropriately. With templates this can still happen, but since they can't add anything to a template that does more than change the view this isn't that dangerous.
Ralph