Since you defined "worker1" in you worker.properties, you should use
"worker1" in the JkMount section of your httpd.conf instead of using
"localhost"

below is an example of my configuration which works:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile "/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel info
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"
JkMount /*.jsp wrkr
JkMount /servlet/* wrkr

in workers.properties

# workers.properties - ajp13