The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Kewl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: Mapping JSP's to outside of the war or expanded folder

The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message ----- From: "emerson cargnin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:26 PM
==========
I dont know if this will help... it seems the main problem is that its deployed as a War.. Its not quite the same as Resin, but I'm almost certain Tomcat can deploy something called a localwar... because if one thinks about it, thats what the IDE's are doing.

So you can place your unpacked War "anywhere" on the machine... and just tell tomcat to use it. Everything is outside tomcat and if you change Jsp's they in the open then just have to use the deployment manager to deploy again... it just means you have to FTP the files up or install them to begin with
but this I think is what you looking for anyway..

Just look that up in the TC deployment manager stuff...
==========

Here is an example ant script for the deployment manager
I found some script lying around.....

 <target name="deploy" description="Deploy web application">
   <deploy url="http://localhost:8080/manager"; username="admin" password=""
           localWar="/ThePath/To/The/Unpacked/War"
           path="/The/Url/Context"
           update="true"
           />
 </target>

In theory you can also deploy from the browser like this

http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?localWar=Yada&path=Blah&update=true

So... its all outside... you got to get it there... and then you can tell TC to use it...

Have fun...

================
The policy of our company is to deploy the jsp's separated from the
war file, to allow a finer grained control over deployment. I'm not
very fan of it, but it's something I won't be able to change. So I
need a way to point the following URL's to another place in the file
system.
http://server/[context]/jsp/*
http://server/[context]/css/*
http://server/[context]/html/*
http://server/[context]/images/*

Thanks
emerson

On 18/02/2008, David Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Once the .war is expanded why would you want to map to JSPs outside of the file system package?

emerson cargnin wrote ..