Hi

Which stats? What tool are you using? 100% of how much memory? All system
memory? All of the heap space already llocated to Java? Are you setting any
specific parameters at JVM startup that affect the heap size
(such as -Xms or -Xmx)?

On Unix  we used command "netstat" to verify the same.
yes We have used -Xms or -Xmx Configuration , since the system RAM is 6 GB
as

"JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms350m -Xmx350m -XX:+UseParallelGC -verbose:gc"

So the application fails to respond to some users, but it does not crash?

Yes the Application was not crashing,but on hold for longer time on the server
since the users were getting blank screen instead of "login screen"

>>Really? Increasing your connection pool size has /increased/ your uptime? That sounds a bit odd. Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

Yes this is was the only other configuration done

We also tried migrating to TOMCAT6 from TOMCAT5523 ,but it was not even able to accept more then 4 users

with regards
Karthik