See my previous mail about send/receive buffers filling because Ack wasn't read
by FastAsyncSender.
The option waitForAck="true" did the trick for me. But for FastAsyncSender you should set
sendAck="false" on the receiving side.

Ronald.

On Mon Mar 31 02:07:51 CEST 2008 Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:14 AM, David Rees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From my understanding of the clustering software, it appears that
> Tomcat is trying to send messages to the other Tomcat but it isn't
> receiving them? Shouldn't it drop membership and give up? I suspect
> that some reconfiguration of the cluster could avoid this...

I decided to try some different settings based on the samples provided
in the documentation. So I went from my essentially default/simple
configuration to adding this to the cluster config:

<Sender className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
replicationMode="fastasyncqueue"
recoverTimeout="5000" recoverCounter="1"
doTransmitterProcessingStats="true" doProcessingStats="true"
queueDoStats="true" queueTimeWait="true"
queueChecklock="true" maxQueueLength="10000"
waitForAck="true" autoConnect="true"
keepAliveTimeout="320000" keepAliveRequestCount="-1"/>

So far this appears to have resolved the issue as a recent dump shows
no ClusterData or LinkObject classes linked to the
FastAsyncQueueSender class.

I have no idea which one of the specific settings may have resolved
the issue, and until I get the time to duplicate the issue in the lab
(perhaps later this week) I won't be able to verify.

Any ideas?

-Dave