On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ronald Klop schrieb:
> > See my previous mail about send/receive buffers filling because Ack
>  > wasn't read by FastAsyncSender.
>  > The option waitForAck="true" did the trick for me. But for
>  > FastAsyncSender you should set sendAck="false" on the receiving side.
>
>  Usually the cluster looks at the receiver setting for waitForAck and
>  then sets the senders sendAck to the same value. So in theory the
>  problem you observed should not happen.

I've got a cluster in my test lab with the following configuration on 5.5.26:

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>

Looking at /manager/jmxproxy?qry=*:* I see the same thing on both
nodes (extra info snipped for brevity):

Name: Standalone:type=ClusterSender,host=www.example.local
modelerType: org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter
info: ReplicationTransmitter/3.0
replicationMode: fastasyncqueue
ackTimeout: 15000
autoConnect: false
waitForAck: true

Name:
Standalone:type=IDataSender,host=www.example.local,senderAddress=10.2.1.170,senderPort=8015
modelerType: org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.FastAsyncSocketSender
info: FastAsyncSocketSender/3.1
waitForAck: false

Name: Standalone:type=ClusterReceiver,host=www.example.local
modelerType: org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SocketReplicationListener
info: SocketReplicationListener/1.3
sendAck: true

Is this expected? Replication appears to be functioning fine. The
Queues aren't building up (but I haven't been able to duplicate the
Queue build up issue in my test lab).

-Dave