> From: tootbatoot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.0.28 memory usage - garbage collection
>
> jdk1.4.2_12

I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a newer JVM.  1.6 especially is noticeably
faster than 1.4 and includes better heap management.  You should upgrade Tomcat
as well, for the similar reasons.

> I am checking the numbers from task manager console and
> not sure whether these are virtual or real ones?

While you have the Processes tab displayed, click on the View menu, then Select
Columns.  Pick whatever you want to look at.  The memory entries that don't say
virtual are refer to real memory usage.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.