Hi Thanks. the two applications run on their own and don't share jvm so I can
use different versions - but the webapp I have deployed in tomcat server
requires it to be either on 5.0.28 or 5.5.17 (but using j2sdk1.4.2_12) - we
are using 5.0.28.

thanks for clarifying the behavior of memory - do you see any performance
gains if I switch to 5.5.17 from 5.0.28 . the only problem I have on my end
i that I have to use plugin for 5.5.17 for backward compatibility to
j2sdk1.4.2_12.

thanks