Hi,

I am trying to simulate 20 servers (our applications) which offer a web API
to communicate with a Global application. To do this, I thought of running
20 virtual hosts on Apache and somehow configure it to process the GET, PUT,
POSTS requests that the Global application sends.I am running each
virtualhost on a different port of the same IP address (localhost). While I
got this to working, I now want to configure each of these hosts to serve a
REST API.

In other words, I have to map a URL like: *http://localhost/rec1/getInfo *to
an actual URL like* http://localhost:445/rec1/info.xml
*The "localhost:445" will be a virtualhost and the xml file will be served
from it's docroot. My question is how do I configure Apache so that it can
map these two URL's?

Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinay