<Host name="windsor-chamber.co.uk" appBase="/home/andrew42/public_html">
<Alias>www.windsor-chamber.co.uk</Alias>
<Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/andrew42/public_html"
debug="1"/>
</Host>

As they like to say on Mythbusters after blowing something up, "There's your problem." A host's appBase and a context's docBase cannot be the same. The configuration has never been valid. Remove the whole <Context ... > element from inside the server.xml. Also remove the docBase and path attributes from your public_html/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml. They are automatically configured by tomcat.

--David

Andrew Connick wrote:
Thanks Mark

They have set the host to:
<Host name="windsor-chamber.co.uk" appBase="/home/andrew42/public_html">
<Alias>www.windsor-chamber.co.uk</Alias>
<Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/andrew42/public_html"
debug="1"/>
</Host>

and the context in public_html/ROOT/META_INF/context.xml is :
<Context docBase="ROOT" path="/"   reloadable="true" debug="1">
</Context>

There is also a  public_html/META_INF/context.xml, which is:
<Context reloadable="true" debug="1">
</Context>

Thanks
Andrew