Hi,

the manager application can return values in XML. You just need to hit:-

http://localhost:8080/manager/status?XML=true

or wherever it's located. This makes it a bit easier to write shell
scripts based on Free Heap or Max Threads or whatever. I've got a perl
script which checks whatever values you need and logs them to a .csv
for easy reporting. I'll make it a bit better and post it if anyone
has any interest.

Kind regards,
Phil.