Filip:

I set up the server.xml with the connector and web.xml as you have
indicated, but I am unable to get any comet response.
 I am using tomcat 6.0.16, and it does not seem to recognize the
tomcatAuthentication or keepAliveTimeout attributes, and it complains about
listeners.ContextListener and listener.SessionListener
having already been configured for this context.I do not know if these are
relevant here.

I have it set up in <catalina_home>/webapps/comet, with classes and web.xml
under
<catalina_home>/webapps/comet/WEB-INF directory. Yes, the class file is in
the correct directory,
<catalina_home>/webapps/comet/WEB-INF/classes/testing/comet.

The tomcat manager tells me the comet servlet is running, and if I put
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> in web.xml I get the 'Comet test
servlet initialized.' and "Comet test initialized." lines. But no
comet response just from hitting http://localhost:3809/comet.
Yes, I am using port 3809, and have the connector set up that way with
Http11NioProtocol.

Any thoughts why this is not working?

Thanks