Rainer,
I was able to resolve the issue...and the root cause was simple...
it was my mistake...
in the conf file I had mentioned /examples/* worker1
I was trying to access the link as http://localhost/examples which is
supposed to be http://localhost/examples/
Cos of the / , I was not able to access the page, now everythin works fine
Thanks for your help guys...though it appears silly...

Thanks Again.