http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html<BR>
/WEB-INF/web.xml contents which contain a jndi reference <BR><web-app
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";<BR>
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";<BR>
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee<BR>
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";<BR>
    version="2.4"><BR>
  <description>MySQL Test App</description><BR>
  <resource-ref><BR>
      <description>DB Connection</description><BR>
      <res-ref-name>teststring</res-ref-name><BR>
      <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type><BR>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth><BR>
  </resource-ref><BR>
</web-app><BR>

the lookup to teststring will get you a connection to the DB<BR>

HTH<BR>
Martin<BR>
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.