Mark, Chuck,
    Thank you both very much for the detailed explanations. I can certainly
see how this would definitely speed development along, and how - in most
cases - the context.xml is unnecessary. I myself, have rarely used them
unless as Mark mentioned, I needed specific context parameters.

In this case however, I'm using maven 2 to build the war file locally, and
maven 2 is appending the version and -SNAPSHOT to the war (as well as the
exploded war directory). This simply means that I have to rename the war
every time in order to deploy it. I was trying to use the Context/path to
remove a little bit of tedium on my part. Not a really big deal, but I would
like to ask why the path attribute is ignored - meaning, why originally was
the decision made to ignore it in this type of situation?

Thank you again for all the help.

Cheers,
Eric

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000