Please help me in setting up a Validation Querry!!!
I am not aware of it!!

Regards,
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan

             David Smith
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       Tomcat Users List
             09/08/2008 06:24          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Intermitant DB Problem in
               "Tomcat Users           tomcat:java.sql.SQLException: Io
                   List"               exception: Connection reset by
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         peer: JVM_recv in socket input
                 che.org>              stream read

Two questions:

1. Is the db server on the same box as the tomcat server?  If not, have
you ruled out network hardware issues between the db server and tomcat?

2. Does your db pool definition have the attribute
validationQuery="select 1"?  That would pre-test your connections before
returning one on ds.getConnection(), regenerating them if they fail.

--David

Thangavel Sankaranarayanan wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am getting the following error when connecting to oracle database,
>
> Has any one seen this kind of errors before? is this the problem with
> tomcat in loosing the connections??
> I am getting  this error once in 5 hrs and i get a HTTPStatus500 error
and
> when a user tries again it gets okay and it is working
> How can i resolve this Intermitant DB Problem in tomcat!!!
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv
in
> socket input stream read
>
> This is the Exception details in my application logs:
>   DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.bos.MPPFactory  - Calling getConnection
method
> of Datasrc Class:600991
>   DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - Inside getConnection() method
of
> DataScr
>  DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - About to get a Connection from
> SharedPoolDatasrc and return it back...
>   ERROR  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - Exception while get a
Datasource
> connection
>  ERROR  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - java.sql.SQLException: Io
> exception: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read
>  DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.bos.MPPFactory  -
> Exception:java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer:
> JVM_recv in socket input stream read
>  WARN   org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor  - Unhandled Exception
> thrown: class java.sql.SQLException
>

> This is my code:
>
> static public Connection getConnection() throws Exception {
>             theLog.debug("Inside getConnection() method of DataScr");
>             try
>             {
>
>                   if (ds == null)
>                   {
>                         theLog.debug("SharedPoolDatasrc is NULL: Serious
> Error ");
>                         System.out.println("SERIOUS ERROR 99");
>                   }
>                   theLog.debug("About to get a Connection from
> SharedPoolDatasrc and return it back...");
>                   return ds.getConnection();
>             }
>             catch(Exception exp)
>             {
>                   theLog.error("Exception while get a Datasource
> connection");
>                   theLog.error(exp);
>                   throw exp;
>             }
>       }
>

> Regards,
> Thangavel Sankaranarayanan

David Smith
Programmer/Analyst
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Cornell University
B32 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255-4521