Hi David,

In my webapps directory ,i can find Conext.xml (nameof context.xml).in my
context.xml the following is defined..

where do i need to configure it ,David??

<Context path="/mpp" docBase="D:/projects/mpp/dealer/release071010"
debug="0" privileged="true">

      <Realm className="au.com.workconsult.catalina.realm.NdsJNDIRealm"
debug="99"
             connectionName="cn=Directory Manager"
             connectionPassword="hadepyhkl"
       connectionURL="ldap://vanja1234:389";
       digest="SHA"
       roleBase="ou=mpp,ou=Groups,dc=vodafone,dc=com,dc=au"
             roleName="cn"
             roleSearch="(uniquemember={0})"
             roleSubtree="true"
       userPassword="userPassword"
       userPattern="uid={0},dc=abc,dc=com,dc=in"
      />

</Context>

Regards,
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan

             David Smith
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       Tomcat Users List
             09/08/2008 10:44          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Intermitant DB Problem in
               "Tomcat Users           tomcat:java.sql.SQLException: Io
                   List"               exception: Connection reset by
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         peer: JVM_recv in socket input
                 che.org>              stream read

I think so.  Tomcat 4.1.x relies on DBCP 1.0 whose docs aren't readily
available anymore.  If you can find the source for DBCP 1.0, you could
take a look in the source code and get that answer.  Or you could just
try it on your test system and see if it works. :-)

The manner the validation query is added to tomat's config is different
though.  You add it in the ResourceParams element the same way other
properties are defined in your version.

--David

Thangavel Sankaranarayanan wrote:

> Hi David,
> Thanks !!!
>
> Is the validationQuery applicable to tomacat 4.x.
> I am using tomcat 4.x in windows2000
>

> Regards,
> Thangavel Sankaranarayanan
>

>              David Smith

>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>              >
>                                        Tomcat Users List

>              09/08/2008 09:19          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

>              PM
cc

Subject
>              Please respond to         Re: Intermitant DB Problem in

>                "Tomcat Users           tomcat:java.sql.SQLException: Io

>                    List"               exception: Connection reset by

>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         peer: JVM_recv in socket input

>                  che.org>              stream read

> I've partially given it to you already.  I'm assuming for the purposes
> of this thread you have tomcat 5.5.x or tomcat 6.0.x and are using the
> tomcat provided database pooling.  Find the <Resource ... /> element in
> your webapp's context xml file where you defined your database pool and
> add an attribute named validationQuery with a value of "select 1".  Then
> restart your webapp.
>
> --David
>
> Thangavel Sankaranarayanan wrote:
>
>> Please help me in setting up a Validation Querry!!!
>> I am not aware of it!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thangavel Sankaranarayanan
>>

>>              David Smith
>>

>>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>>              >

>>                                        Tomcat Users List
>>

>>              09/08/2008 06:24          <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>>

>>              PM
>>
> cc
>

> Subject
>
>>              Please respond to         Re: Intermitant DB Problem in
>>

>>                "Tomcat Users           tomcat:java.sql.SQLException: Io
>>

>>                    List"               exception: Connection reset by
>>

>>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         peer: JVM_recv in socket input
>>

>>                  che.org>              stream read

>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Is the db server on the same box as the tomcat server?  If not, have
>> you ruled out network hardware issues between the db server and tomcat?
>>
>> 2. Does your db pool definition have the attribute
>> validationQuery="select 1"?  That would pre-test your connections before
>> returning one on ds.getConnection(), regenerating them if they fail.
>>
>> --David
>>
>> Thangavel Sankaranarayanan wrote:
>>

>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I am getting the following error when connecting to oracle database,
>>>
>>> Has any one seen this kind of errors before? is this the problem with
>>> tomcat in loosing the connections??
>>> I am getting  this error once in 5 hrs and i get a HTTPStatus500 error
>>>

>> and
>>

>>> when a user tries again it gets okay and it is working
>>> How can i resolve this Intermitant DB Problem in tomcat!!!
>>>
>>> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv
>>>

>> in
>>

>>> socket input stream read
>>>
>>> This is the Exception details in my application logs:
>>>   DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.bos.MPPFactory  - Calling getConnection
>>>

>> method
>>

>>> of Datasrc Class:600991
>>>   DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - Inside getConnection()
method

>> of
>>

>>> DataScr
>>>  DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - About to get a Connection
from
>>> SharedPoolDatasrc and return it back...
>>>   ERROR  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - Exception while get a
>>>

>> Datasource
>>

>>> connection
>>>  ERROR  au.com.vodafone.mpp.da.DataSrc  - java.sql.SQLException: Io
>>> exception: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream
>>>
> read
>
>>>  DEBUG  au.com.vodafone.mpp.bos.MPPFactory  -
>>> Exception:java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by
peer:
>>> JVM_recv in socket input stream read
>>>  WARN   org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor  - Unhandled
Exception
>>> thrown: class java.sql.SQLException
>>>

>>> This is my code:
>>>
>>> static public Connection getConnection() throws Exception {
>>>             theLog.debug("Inside getConnection() method of DataScr");
>>>             try
>>>             {
>>>
>>>                   if (ds == null)
>>>                   {
>>>                         theLog.debug("SharedPoolDatasrc is NULL:
Serious