Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Morgan Cox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to have multiple domains/contexts with
Tomcat ? they all go to same context ..

Thanks for the advise - it seems that I do need to set the
ROOT webapp for each virtual server

- anyone got any ideas of how to do this.

Read *all* of Andre's post - he already told you, in great detail, exactly how
to do it.

Well, not really about making them the ROOT application.
So I'll try that one too, but someone should probably come after me to clean up.

Morgan,

if you followed the previous instructions, you now have this directory structure :

(CATALINA_HOME being the top of your Tomcat installation)

CATALINA_HOME/webapps
(with the standard webapps and documents from the original Tomcat installation)

CATALINA_HOME/webapps-pink/mrpink/
        with your "pink" webapp

CATALINA_HOME/webapps-blue/mrblue/
        with your "blue" webapp

Turn off Tomcat.

Under /webapps-pink/, rename the directory /mrpink to /ROOT (uppercase).
Under /webapps-blue/, rename the directory /mrblue to /ROOT (uppercase).

And restart Tomcat.

And unless someone contradicts the above within the next 15 minutes, you should now be able to access your applications directly via
http://www.mrpink.com[:port]
and
http://www.mrblue.com[:port]