any environment variables you refererence have to conform to the 8.3 convention
e.g
as long folder and filenames with whitespace characters cannot be read by 95%
of I/O routines
but.. using the 8.3 shortened name always works e.g

so this wont work
set JAVA_HOME =D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07
set JAVA_HOME=D:\PROGRA~1\JAVA\JDK16~1.0_0

verify by
cd D:\PROGRA~1
dir /X /AD and you will see the shortened name..

if you look at the %GLASSFISH_HOME%\config\asenv.bat
the AS_JAVA environment variable needs to point to the correct location of JAVA
e.g.
set AS_JAVA=D:\PROGRA~1\JAVA\JDK16~1.0_0

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.