Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the response.  I guess perhaps I was not clear enough in my
configuration or description of the issue.

Each Servlet in the application has <load-on-startup>X</load-on-startup> where
X represents the numeric order in which I've assigned them to start.

Also what I did mention previously is that "init" is NOT called when I browse
to the URI, however the Servlet is loaded as my System.out.println statements
in "doGet/doPost"  are being output to catalina.out and they also show that
"init" was never called (by checking parameters that should have been
initialized by "init".

Lastly, the reason I say "init' methods is that there IS more than one, and
Tomcat calls both of them when initializing a Servlet.  If you think this is
incorrect, make sure to @Override both "init" and "init(ServletConfig config)"
and have different logging statements.  You will see both of them being
executed when Tomcat loads the Servlet.

I hope this helps better clarify the situation.

Justin.