From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 6.0.18 Servlet Loading/Reloading

> From: Justin Randall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6.0.18 Servlet Loading/Reloading
>
> Each Servlet in the application has
> <load-on-startup>X</load-on-startup> where X represents the
> numeric order in which I've assigned them to start.

Then yes, there's a problem, since your servlets should have been
initialized upon restart.

> Lastly, the reason I say "init' methods is that there
> IS more than one, and Tomcat calls both of them when
> initializing a Servlet.

Strictly speaking, that's true, but the parameterless one is intended to
be called by the other.  There's no need to override both methods, and
I'm not sure what happens when you do.  The normal implementation is
just to override init(), and let GenericServlet.init(ServletConfig) call
that one.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.