Roy McMorran wrote:
Despite my misgivings, 1.1.5 seems to have helped. It's run my test script for about 30 minutes now without problems (previously would have hung by minute 3).
However!
My dev system (which was already running 1.1.15) still exhibits the problem. It also has newer versions of Tomcat (6.0.18), Apache (2.2.10) and mod_jk (1.2.27).

Correction. The combination of updating libtcnative to 1.1.15 _AND_ setting "JkOptions +DisableReuse" prevents both systems from hanging.

I'm concerned about the performance implications of using this directive based on what I read at
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
and I'm unclear as to why it's necessary. Can anyone educate me on this? Do I still have a problem with my configuration?

Thanks again,
-r

--

Roy McMorran