André Warnier schrieb:
Stefan Deitmer wrote:
André Warnier schrieb:
[...]
Ok, then another probably silly suggestion, but you might as well upturn this stone too. Apart from the directories you named as already compared, have you compared the /usr/share/tomcat5.5 ? That is where the Debian distributions usually install the base of the Tomcat 5.5 software (CATALINA_HOME). /var/lib/tomcat5.5 is CATALINA_BASE (where this Tomcat instance actually runs).

André, as I suspected earlier today, you were on the right track.
I put a link to postgresql.jar into /usr/share/tomcat5.5/common/lib, and it works now.
Thank you so much! Life is good again :)

Cheers
Stefan