> From: ped [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat thread pool question
>
> I believe that all of the code below (except the top 4 call
> frames) are coyote and catalina code.

It's the top frames that are critical, of course, since they show where the
thread is stuck.

> When I recreate my problem and look at the threads in
> Tomcat, the only hung threads are the ones waiting for
> a free DB connection in c3p0 code.

Because you're not releasing the connections back to the pool.

> There is no trace of the incoming commit requests

If I have interpreted that statement correctly, you have a fatally flawed
application architecture.  Each request should complete all its processing -
including committing or rolling back database updates and releasing connections
- before returning a response to the client.  Otherwise, you have put yourself
at the mercy of the client to release resources; what if the client never
submits the commit request?  If you need to maintain some state information
about the client from one request to the next, use the Session object, not a
database connection.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.