Ok. What I am asking is, is there a mechanism to roll catalina.out based on
size of the file.

Thanks

--- On Tue, 1/13/09, Caldarale, Charles R <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
From: Caldarale, Charles R <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject: RE: Logging configuration in Tomcat
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 11:29 AM

> From: Jay [mailto:difficult...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Logging configuration in Tomcat
>
> I guess, Tomcat is directing all the log4j log messages
> in the code to system.out which in turn is being written
> to catalina.out

You laboring under a misconception - Tomcat doesn't interact with log4j at
all; where the messages go is entirely dependent on your log4j configuration.
If you've configured (or misconfigured) log4j to output to System.out (a bad
idea), then log4j messages will go to catalina.out due to the redirection in the
Tomcat startup scripts.  There's nothing in Tomcat that can fix your log4j
config - that's up to you.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.