Thanks for the replies guys...

I was aware I could uninstall the .exe and install the .zip version. The
.exe does not come with a catalina.bat (I think)...am I right?

I suppose I was wondering was there a standard catalina.bat example that
somebody had that I could point the IDE towards so that my current config.
works or I could drop it into one of the Tomcat folders etc? If this is the
case would anybody have a catalina.bat file I could use?

If this is not the case, I am probably better off uninstalling it and
dowloading teh .zip version?

Thanks again for the replies...
Toriacht