David Boreham wrote:
Jess Holle wrote:
You can make your own LB using Tomcat.
Yes, I /could/, but Apache already does it. I don't want to invest enough of my own time in such a thing to put it on an equal footing with mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp.

Until someone does, though, Apache is a really necessary piece in a lot of configurations.
I took the opposite view. It is worth my time to write it.
If it ends up being reasonably generic (not sure about that yet) then I'll open source it.
Perhaps it would be...

I also had a strong multi-LDAP requirement, though, which is not addressed until 6.0.19.

Then there's the remaining question about 3rd-party security plug-ins our customers might be using...

--
Jess Holle