> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat for Dummies
>
> If I am not abusing, how does it do that, schematically ?
> I presume it has a more direct way than to itself isue a
> HTTP request to the Manager webapp with the appropriate
> parameters ?

No, the HTTP request would be the simplest approach.  There's likely a JMX call
that could be done, but it would be more work.  Certainly there are internal
APIs that could be used, but those are subject to change at any time, and are
normally not available to regular webapps.

> And if it asks to undeploy itself, is it not like pulling
> the carpet from under its own feet ?  I mean, this webapp
> is running, and even after asking the Manager to undeploy
> itself (meaning its whole shebang of classes and libs will
> be erased from the disk), it should be able to still stop
> itself cleanly.

That should be handled by a ServletContextListener declared in WEB-INF/web.xml,
which will be invoked before the deletion of the webapp's files.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.