Chris,

my experience with those scanners (slowest on top):

- Symantec (Norton)
- Kaspersky
- McAffee

However, those "experiences" are based on workstations only.

I do know that at least some of those scanners do have different
enterprise soltutions.

However, I guess "experiences" may vary, so you have to measure.
Measuring only works in a defined environment, so that even if there
/were/ any benchmarks, they might not mirror the situation within
/your/ environment.

Therefore, IMHO, if Linux is not an option for some weird political
reason, I'd ask those AV-vendors to get me a version which I could
test for a month. After 3 months of tests you should know which
scanner is best for your requirements.

Coming back to the OP's problem:

For a quick solution /knowing/ that my actual scanner is the
bottleneck, I definately would give some different scanners a try and
see if that helps.

Cheers

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2