Indeed the topic of this discussion is not to have 8080 as the main port of
Tomcat.
I've just emitted one solution among many others: mod_jk.
Some of my customers have opted for this one because of the simplicity of
writing url, of performance (load-balancing),
of security too (No-using 80 port for Tomcat was a security directive in some
cases)