André Warnier wrote:
Jordan Michaels wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm using mod_jk with apache and I was wondering if it would be possible to configure mod_jk in a way that I wouldn't have to specify the <Host> entries in Tomcat's server.xml file in addition to apache. It's not terribly difficult to enter in host information in both places, but it would be nice if I could just enter in the domain name and docbase attributes in apache and then have tomcat just "know" when the request is passed to it from apache.

Is this possible?

That would be nice.
If I then knew the ip address of your Tomcat host, and the port of your AJP connector (8009?), I could just configure my Apache httpd and mod_jk, and serve documents from wherever I want from your Tomcat server.
Just kidding, but maybe a good reason not to ?
;-)

Ha! Interesting point!

Still, It'd be nice to know if it's possible. Security could be addressed by firewalling the AJP ports.

I'm happy to do my own research and everything. I would just appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/