Rainer Jung wrote:
But: why do you plan to use different Hosts in Tomcat at all? Unless you
need to set Host based settings for different webapps to different
values or you want to deploy different webapps under the same name, you
can put all webapps into the default Host.

Or do you use multiple ROOT contexts?

I'm implementing Tomcat in a fairly untraditional way - by making it perform like JRun does with Adobe's ColdFusion Server.

Basically, I've installed OpenBD into Tomcat so that it can process CFM files a lot like it does with JSP files. (There are differences, of course). The idea is to make the learning curve for using OpenBD as small as possible for anyone attempting to use OpenBD.

There is some documentation about it here:
http://wiki.openbluedragon.org/wiki/index.php/OpenBD_Installer

The only "odd" thing that CFML programmers have to do is update the server.xml file with their hosts. If they don't, Tomcat won't process the CFML files like it should. I was just exploring if it was possible to have that management aspect go away.

I like Java. I like CFML. This is just one way I'm trying to bring those two worlds together. ;)

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/