From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:44 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Windows x64 Installer

Would anyone like to tackle & post an installer for 64-bit Windows?
The current installer is 32-bit only.
I know that it is fairly simple to convert an installed 32-bit Tomcat to
64-bit:

1) Install a 64-bit Java.
2) Download the 64-bit Procrun executable and replace Tomcat5.exe &
Tomcat5w.exe with them.
3) Download the 64-bit version of the tcnative-1.dll file and replace
the existing version.
4) Run the Tomcat5.exe in Install mode to install the 64-bit version,
making sure to point
   to the 64-bit Java, etc.
   (still puts Procrun info under the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node folder
in the registry.
    It should be up a level for a 64-bit process, no?  Still works
apparently.)

However, if whomever maintains the NullSoft binary installer could
create a version that
distributes the 64-bit files, that would make like much easier out here
in the field.
(both 5.5 and 6.x please?)

Jeff Janner

*******************************  NOTICE
*********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,

you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying

of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this

communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.