From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat maxThreads Issue

> From: Jones, Keven [mailto:keven.jo...@ncr.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat maxThreads Issue
>
>     <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector port="8011"
>         enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
> />

This is the connector Mark was referring to (he should have said AJP, not APR).
 Since you have no maxThreads attribute, it defaults to 200, which may or may
not be appropriate for your expected load.

The real question is what are those 200 threads doing?  Try taking a couple of
thread dumps when you get into the problem and see what they're stuck on.

>     <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost"
> jvmRoute="mweb3a">

You really should have the <Engine> and <Service> names the same, to keep JMX
happy.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.